Spring Savors: Brussels Sprout Sliders

1:41 PM Mimi 2 Comments


I first saw this vegetarian brussels sprout sliders recipe on Pinterest and was immediately in love with the idea of substituting the bread with a vegetable. I think healthier versions of classic foods, if executed well, is such a fun way to enjoy food. Even if you aren't a huge brussels sprouts fanatic, I think this recipe is still worth trying. The final result tasted smokey and sweet all at once with the sweet onions and rich flavoring of the brussels sprouts. If you want more of a meat filled appetizer, feel free to use real burger meat or even proscuitto instead of tempeh. I substituted tempeh with just a vegetarian burger because my local grocery store didn't carry tempeh. Also, if you don't have tamari in your cabinet, you can always use a light soy sauce instead. This recipe will be the first installment of a Spring recipe series so look forward to the next spring main course! If you try out this recipe, let me know how it tasted.
Until next time.

xoxo,

Mimi




2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of brussel sprouts, but this looks delicious. Great idea!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it isn't everyone's favorite vegetable, but I garuntee it's delicious! I guess you can always substitute the brussels sprout for something else if you like!

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete